What would be more devastating than seeing people dying every day!!
And this outbreak is only because of Coronavirus Disease- 2019 or COVID-19.
This deadly virus is spreading across the universe and is impacting not only the lives but also the businesses. Currently, there are 1,45,929 Cases, 5,438 deaths and 72,553 recovered.
As the Salon owner, it is essential that you should keep yourself updated with the information from a reliable source. It would be better if you will take appropriate precautions to save your team, customers, and your business. Salonist is there to help you in the best possible way!!
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) has confirmed that this virus spreads to those who come in contact (almost 6 feet) with the infected one. Respiratory droplets of the cough or sneeze of the infected person are also one of the reasons for its occurrence. And, these acts are unavoidable.
The Salon industry totally relies on the personal approach. It demands close contact with the customers, so; it is better to be safe than sorry!!
Protect Your Salon From Coronavirus
#1. Take Guidance From Trustworthy Sources
When it becomes epidemic, most of the population has freaked out. In such an environment, some have spread false information. Instead of believing them, consider trustworthy sources only.
The World Health Organization (WHO) is an excellent source of information. After researching, we have compiled a set of facts and figures that the business owner should consider for protecting their businesses.
#2. Broadcast the Message: Infected Customers Have To Rebook
Customers who are ill and have upcoming appointments- rebook them. You can notify them by several means:
1. Send them the reminder and confirmation SMS messages on rescheduling with a “get well soon” note.
Reminder Note Template
Hello “FIRST_NAME.” It is a gentle reminder of your booking with the “STAFF_NAME_FIRST STAFF_NAME_LAST” on “BOOKING_DATE_TIME.” Because of the occurrence of coronavirus, we urge that if you are ill, then please reschedule your booking on our “SUPPORT_NUMBER.” Be safe!!
Confirmation Note Template
Confirm the customers that they booked on “BOOKING_DATE_TIME” with “BUSINESS_NAME.” If because of the outbreak of Coronavirus, you are not feeling well, then you can contact us on
2. Notify the customers with the SMS campaigns who have bookings in the next 30 days. Ask them to rebook if they are unwell.
SMS Campaign Template
Hello, this is _______________ with an urgent update. As the Coronavirus has spread all around, so we request you if you are ill, then please rebook with us till healthy. Do use the hand sanitizer before arriving at the Salon. Thanks for your cooperation.
Note: Do not forget to add the business name to the note so that the recipients should know who sent it. It is advised to send the message because it is important in your area. Especially send this to those who have bookings with you in the next 30 days.
3. Leverage the customer emails and social media channels to notify the customers regarding the rebooking policy.
#3. Amend the Salon Staff Travel Policies
Suggesting the staff to travel only when it is highly demanded is totally sensible. When the staff demands to travel, take the full trip details. Find out which country they are traveling to?
And, if they are going to one of the infected countries, then ask them to self-isolate for at least 14 days after arriving home.
#4. Take the Safety Precautions In This Tough Situation
Many ideas are there that can be followed to prevent spreading the germs in the Salon and assuring that your team, customers, and you are healthy and safe. Read the below points and Protect Your Salon From Coronavirus.
- Do not forget to wash your hands frequently and appropriately with alcohol-based hand soap to remove the viruses that can be on your hands. Keep the sanitizer in your Salon and request everyone to use it while arriving.
- Maintain a distance of 3 feet (1 meter) with the one who is sneezing and coughing. Tell your staff to use the face mask while entertaining the customers.
- Do not touch your mouth, eyes, and nose. These are the usual ways by which the virus can enter your body.
- Maintain good respiratory hygiene. This implies using the tissue and covering the nose and mouth with the bent elbow while sneezing and coughing. Throw away the tissue immediately after use.
- In case you or your staff member come in contact with the cough, cold, or fever and has difficulty in breathing, then it is advised to stay at home. Approach your doctor quickly.
- Stay updated with the latest news of COVID-19.
Last but not least, do follow whatever your healthcare provider, local or national public health authority has advised. Protect Your Salon From Coronavirus-19. Stay healthy, stay safe!!